Monday, May 24, 2010

postheadericon Prayer Before A Crucifix


Prayer 1

Look down upon me, good and gentle Jesus, while before Your face I humbly kneel
and, with burning soul, pray and beseech You to fix deep in my heart lively sentiments of faith, hope and charity; true contrition for my sins, and a firm purpose of amendment.

While I contemplate, with great love and tender pity,
Your five most precious wounds, pondering over them within me
and calling to mind the words which David,
Your prophet, said of You, my Jesus:

"They have pierced My hands and My feet,
they have numbered all My bones."

Amen.


Prayer 2

O Jesus, Who in Thy bitter Passion didst become "the most abject of men, a man of sorrows,"
I venerate Thy sacred Face whereon there once did shine the beauty and sweetness of the Godhead; but now It has become as it were the face of a leper! Nevertheless under those disfigured features, I recognize Thine infinite Love, and I am consumed with desire to love Thee and make Thee loved by all men. The tears which well up so abundantly in Thy sacred eyes appear to me as so many precious pearls that I love to gather up, in order to purchase the souls of poor sinners by means of their infinite value. O Jesus, whose adorable Face ravishes my heart, I implore Thee to fix deep within me Thy Divine image and to set me on fire with Thy love, that so I may be found worthy to come to the contemplation of Thy glorious Face in Heaven. Amen.

0 comments:

About Me

Roman Catholic Blogger
This Blog was created on 23rd May, 2010. This site contains Catholic Prayers, Inspirations, and Stories. For the Glory and Honour of the Most Holy Trinity, and our Blessed Lady, the Virgin Mother of Jesus.
View my complete profile